Product Design Internship (3 months)
Remote candidates within +/- 4 hours of the PST timezone are welcome to apply
Looking for a new home? Our design team is growing. To thrive in this role, you’ll need to demonstrate an understanding of the pace and variety of agency work. Your ability to balance form and function is as good as your ability to balance client and user needs, and you can adapt to new challenges like a pro. We’re an end-to-end digital product shop, so we’ll need your strategic thinking and collaborative design chops at every stage of the game, from research to wireframes to visual design.
- Collaborate with your project team to work on tasks from the backlog that are based on the project's priorities
- Deliver features without being given much detail, design, or specification and on time
- Understand the current sprint priorities and knows when to change focus to finish the sprint on time as well as raise any flags when you suspect the project timeline might be at risk
- Provide feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort and feasibility
- Help plan out sprints by writing tasks and providing estimates
- Review project team members' code submissions to match the needs of the project (in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, performance, etc)
- Participate in shares with the client stakeholders on project progress
- Support department by sharing technical knowledge you learn with other project teams
- Identify when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support
What we’re looking for.
- 5+ years of Full Stack experience, in an agency setting is a bonus
- Appreciation of design and can protect its complexity without compromising fidelity
- Ability to multitask without compromising your diligent attention to detail.
- Responds positively and is able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within fast paced projects
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work
- Experience with Front End production applications ideally using React Native
- Experience with Back End production applications using JSON REST API methodology and ideally one of these languages: Node, Rails, Java, Go, Python
- Knowledge of architecting an application and understanding how business trade offs impact technical choices, and vice versa
- Experience as a technical team lead a plus
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.